Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N6, #Vietnam [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N6 subtype, poultry epizootics in Vietnam.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N6, Vietnam
Information received on 19/03/2017 from Dr Dong Pham Van, Director General, Chief Veterinary Officer, Department of Animal Health, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Hanoï, Vietnam
- Report type Follow-up report No. 2
- Date of start of the event 12/02/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 16/02/2017
- Report date 19/03/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 19/03/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 07/2016
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N6
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to the whole country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 200 - 130 - 130 - 70 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 65.00% - 65.00% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N6 ; Poultry; Vietnam.